Walk, Don't Run

Today was the day of my sons' school's Walkathon FUNdraiser. I requested the day off from work over a month ago so I could volunteer. It's a great event promoting physical fitness and a majorly successful fundraiser. Families are very generous. We also receive lots of support from the community, including businesses that donate items for every student's goody bag, those that donate prizes for the students to win for participation, and those that sponsor the t-shirts that every student gets to wear and keep. As a volunteer, I got one as well! Pity I don't have a picture of myself wearing it looking as haggard as I felt, not having washed my hair since Wednesday, and having forgotten to put on lip color. Pity.

When I started this blog, I felt like I should start dressing up my casual wear. That was a fleeting thought because I don't want to lose myself. I like to bum out on my own time! With that in mind, I happily put on my $12 Old Navy jeans from a couple years back, a long-sleeve black cotton top with a missing lace-through ribbon neck trim, navy blue drum kit graphic tee, and black-and-gray herringbone design low-top Converse. Yes, I wore navy blue on top of black. Pity I don't have a pic of this bummarific outfit. Same day, same reason as above for no pic.

I have these pics though.

Most of the kids run the Walkathon. Everytime Desi went by me he would jump up in the air. I finally captured it.

Augie always zoomed by after smiling

Tomorrow: Dress Your Tresses

Comments

Popular Posts