Notes from Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week has come to a finale and what have we learned? Nothing from me being on the left coast and all. I suppose I could have looked at daily highlights and made comments but I didn't. I could have made it a little less overwhelming by picking out some key designers and commenting on their shows. But I didn't. 


I jumped the gun with Fashion Week and decided to take guesses at trends for Spring 2011. How did I fare? 

• I already expressed my enthusiasm about Jason Wu and Cushnie et Ochs featuring chiffon 

Tadashi Shoji Side Knot Silk Chiffon Gown
I adore this long chiffon gown





I would wear this to the wedding
this weekend. Also comes in silver.
• Believe it or not, netting was featured but with swimwear 
• Skater wear didn't leave the half-pipe ramp to ride to the catwalk      
• Polka dots? Really? Do you remember the inspiration? Actually, Nanette Lepore uses polka dots so it's not completely silly.     


Tomorrow: Fashion 101    

Comments

Popular Posts