Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Block Party

My brother "Coya Michael" aka
Cousin Mike aka Uncle Monkey
had it right back in the day.
More 70s flashbacks! This is
circa 1978 based on a baby in
the rest of the pic that I cropped.
When I first read that color block is in for fall, I thought it meant solid colors and I wondered when that has ever gone out of style. Isn't that perpetual? Isn't that a given? Well, it shows what kind of fashion blockhead I am.

Color block is all about blocks of colors. Genius name for it (and obviously not foolproof). It reminds me of Goldie Hawn in "Laugh-In" or something. I think of go-go dancers. I think of the sign-off screen at the end of the day when stations would leave the air until morning. That's something our kids may never experience with cable and 24-hour TV and DVDs and Internet. Oh for the days when we didn't have information overload and our brains would get some rest. Although back in the 60s/70s people were doing other things in their spare time that messed with their brains. Can't win for losing. But, you usually win if you get center square!

Tomorrow: Flower Power

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your (hopefully) kind words! I truly appreciate it (unless you were mean). I will do my bestest to visit your blog and return the favor.