Souvenir Shirts

L to R (although this is a reflection so this is really R to L on my shirt): ferry, cup o' joe, lawnchair, sheep, sun

When it comes to souvenir shirts, I avoid the obvious souvenir stores next to tourist traps. I don't mind getting a tee at said tourist trap that is specific to that attraction. I just prefer not to get tees that just say the name of the city/state/country/whatever. This shirt is from Buck Bay Farm Bed & Breakfast in Olga, Washington on Orcas Island.

Don't I look like I have football player shoulders? I don't have a football players salary, that's for sure!

Because I'm a big coffee drinker, I like the idea of getting souvenir tees at coffee shops of places I visit. I haven't done so yet because we haven't really gone on many vacations as of late, and where we have gone we haven't hit up many non-chain coffee shops.

I don't mind getting tees from chain restaurants with the name of the city, so I do have Hard Rock Café shirts from Boston and Makati, Philippines. I think Hard Rock is one of those places where you get a shirt because they have so many locations and it becomes a fun thing to collect as many as you can. Seattle finally got a Hard Rock last year, but you'd think we had one already with musical influences like Jimi Hendrix, Quincy Jones, Heart, (insert 'grunge' group here), etc.

Tomorrow: My First ReStyle Project

Comments

  1. I like really original souvenir shirts. I like that yours has pictures across the front instead of words! The "insert grunge group here" made me laugh. Can't wait for your restyle project!

    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirt...Happy New Year Sweets....the best to you in 2011:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love quirky shirts..and even when i can't wear too much of them, i still tend to buy them.hehe. but we're the same, i hate obvious tourist-y shirts...so generic.

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting all the Hard Rock Cafes in different cities! And they have great souvenir t-shirts too :P

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your (hopefully) kind words! I truly appreciate it (unless you were mean). I will do my bestest to visit your blog and return the favor.

Popular Posts