Dressorize to Accessorize

It was super windy so I kept having
to move wisps of hair from my face.
Good excuse to cover it.

Necklace and Bracelet: Jewelscapes! Peach knit top: Nordstrom (Rack?) - Cream cropped cardi: H&M - Skirt: Anthropologie (gifted) - Net tights: Nordstrom - Rain boots: Shoe Pavilion


Fine, here I am. Jen-in-a-van. Almost like Jen-in-a-Cube,
but better because in the van I am in charge! (Not really)
I can't imagine that I'm the only one who will put together an outfit based on an accessory I want to wear. I did that today--doubly!

Today I picked out my top based on my new mother-of-pearl necklace and bracelet that I got from Jewelscapes' Etsy shop (see button on sidebar). On Wednesdays I link up to her blog for her jewelry Linky Tool party. You can link, too, even if you don't have any Jewelscapes (but do check out her shop!).

Since the jewelry is so delicate and pretty, I wanted my top to follow suit. I think this light peach sleeveless knit top works. The color and something about the scoop boatneck gives it a feminine touch.

I wanted to wear my rain boots today so I picked out this skirt. Obviously not because of the pattern. I've mentioned before that I can't fit my pantlegs in my boots, so I wear cropped pants, skirts, or dresses with them. If I wear pants, they go over my boots to my ankles which defeats the purpose of wearing the rain boots. I might as well just wear my rain shoes (which I do have but don't make much sense).

Tomorrow: Wild Card

Comments

  1. Love the color of the top! I think it complements the jewelry perfectly!

    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I do that too! And the necklace is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great way to make winter blues turn into something fun! love the skirt and the Etsy buy.
    xx
    maya

    p.s.
    thank you for all your comments. they really mean a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that same thing. I based my outfit around my pink scarf. You look great Love those Wellies. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're too sweet :) I love it when people are able to dress like that in the snow, you are so bold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love that skirt and top with the necklace, perfect. :)
    Thank you so much for linking up!
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your (hopefully) kind words! I truly appreciate it (unless you were mean). I will do my bestest to visit your blog and return the favor.

Popular Posts