Only 30 Spaces Available--Who Made the Cut?

Here are my 30 pieces for the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge from Kendi Everyday. What a brilliant idea Kendi had for her wardrobe, and how awesome that she shared this with us and have invited us along.

Six dresses
<>
<>
On its way. Gifted from Amber Lena
with Fashion Bargain Shopper Extraordinaire

Four skirts*

Nine tops#


Took pic before dropping off
at dry cleaners
Five cardis%

One pair of jeans, one pair of pants

My ninth top# and fifth cardi%. These were
the last articles of clothing to make the cut
leaving four more spots for footwear.

These items were in my Fall 30 and made the cut again:
1-This made an appearance later in my Fall 2010 and needs more blog love
5-Okay, this dress wasn't in my Fall 30, but its fraternal sister was
8-Makes a great bandeau
15-Great as a skirt
16-Great as a skirt
19-I want to do more with this
23-I only wanted one pair of jeans this time around and this one can be worn with any kind of footwear
24-I only wanted one pair of pants. I almost didn't choose these because they didn't get much wear in the fall. That's exactly why I chose them because I'm loving the paperbag-waisted look right now
27-Needed black flats for when my new heels start killing my feet
29-I wanted some dressy flats
30-My only pair of brown/tan heels

That's like 1/3 of the items for this challenge. Is that cheating because I know they work well? Or, does it prove that this challenge can help us to work with what's already in our closets? Believe it or not, I have not purchased a single article of clothing since I completed the Fall Challenge. Granted, I ended after most everyone, but considering I didn't shop since I began that challenge, I haven't purchased clothing for myself since the end of November! I have purchased accessories but not blouses, cardis, sweaters, pants, jeans, skirts, dresses . . . you get the picture. I've got about ten more hours in case I get a wild hair (my hair is always wild).

Tomorrow: Let's Get This Party Started!

Comments

  1. Have fun doing this challenge...I personally don't have the patience for it LOL, but I can't wait to see all of your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect! you have a great selection of colors and the skirts can get a ton of mileage mixed and matched with all those tops! Good luck! I'm sure you'll look great everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you haven't bought any clothes since November? I'm REALLY impressed. For some reason I thought you were a shopaholic, after telling me that you found 4 pairs of flats at the DT nordstrom rack ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally made my picks tonight. Which is good since it starts tomorrow lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!!! i need to take this challenge myself as i'm in dire need of saving more money...and a shopping ban..haha.

    good luck! :D

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. No new clothes since November?! Wow, you are good. I need to take more inspiration from you!

    I'm very excited to see your shirts as skirts (#15/#16), I haven't tried that trick yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's so great that you've been on a shopping hiatus since November. This is definitely much more self restraint than I have!

    I can't wait to see what you come up with this time around for the 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh JEN I am envious of all the colorful dresses you have in the first photo!! I cant wait to see how you style them up.. and you can layer them.. oh boy!!! You have great colors in your mix overall... I am in a work session for the next 3 days and not sure if I will be able to post photos!! so let people know for me k? LOL I am going to try to keep up but sheeesh sometimes work gets in the way!!!

    cant wait to see your outfits!!! happy FEB 1 xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got interesting outfits there! and congrats for not spending since nov for clothes =D that's a hard feat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving all your picks!! good luck!!

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've got really cute pieces. good luck!
    p.s.
    I've finally posted my answers. Sorry it took me so long. I actually had a small set-back and had to go to see my surgeon again. He had to remove excess tissue around the one of spots where my bottom left wisdom tooth used to be. so anyway, i'm ok now. how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you've got a great mix there! Goodluck on the 30/30!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen you are my HERO for going to so long without shopping for yourself! You're already a remix pro! I think you've got the most dresses out of anyone I've seen so far, so that should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I can't believe you're only using two pairs of pants!! You go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your 30 pieces look great! I love that you only picked two pairs of pants! I'm trying to do mine without any pants... we'll see how it goes :)

    Better Than a Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your (hopefully) kind words! I truly appreciate it (unless you were mean). I will do my bestest to visit your blog and return the favor.

Popular Posts