Fun Patterns and Textures

So far, every other Wild Card post has been me saying how I forgot to take a pic of someone's outfit so I end up improvising. This is the fifth installment and I'm breaking the pattern by sharing patterns! If I had kept to my sequence of things, this would be the so-so post. Alas, it is not!


A couple of things:
I mentioned how I'm not big on fur--real or faux--but I was drawn to Mary's coat. It's faux, synthetic, whichever you prefer. Faux sounds much more sophisticated, perhaps because it is French. Synthetique? The thing about it is that while it looks like an animal print, I don't think it resembles any one particular animal. Maybe that's why I like it? Or maybe I'm hemming and hawing about my taste on fur and fur-like?
• A great coat carries your outfit. When you're out-and-about bundled up and looking sharp, you could be wearing a potato sack underneath and no one would be the wiser(Mary wasn't).


How cool is the collar on Kari's sweater? In this picture it's obvious that it's part of the sweater but when I first looked at it, I thought it was a scarf. I think that may have to do with the fact that Kari's about a foot taller than me, and looking up it looked like a separate piece? Maybe I'm tripping. People can trip if they look up when they're walking.

Tomorrow: Casual Friday

Comments

Popular Posts