The Production That Products Can Produce

Who'd a thunk discussing hair products would be so involved? Of course, just look at my hair with its different moods and I guess it's not surprising. I wouldn't say my hair is high maintenance, rather it's contantly having breakdowns and needing repair.

So, here's the conclusion of my not consecutive hair product posts that started on Thursday. Here's the picture again.



The Products and My Opinions(l-to-r):

• Artec Textureline Magnifier Cream Gel--(discussed in yesterday's post)

Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom--I used to use this everyday but it was too much for my hair. I actually think it was user error and I was using too much. It's a really thick cream, so a quarter-size is plenty if not too much.

• NHR Hairspray (back row)--I bought this aerosol hairspray a long time ago. I think it may have been before I was married? I don't think it's even made any more. Somehow it followed me from our studio apt to our 2-bedroom apt to our house. I use it to spike my boys' hair when they want fauxhawks. Desi's hair is so thick, this isn't even heavy-duty enough--and it's pretty heavy duty!

• Kiehl's Weightless Curl-Defining Spray--I wash my hair every-other-day (just bought a cool new shower cap) and I like to spritz this to liven up my hair

• Kiehl's Anti-Climate Shine-Enhancing Non-Aerosol Spray--(discussed in yesterday's post)

• Kiehl's Heat-Protective Silk-Straightening Cream--I prefer this for when I flatiron my hair. Or rather, when Jaime flatirons my hair. It's silky and makes my hair feel protected and doesn't make a sizzle sound when my hair hits the flat iron.

• Aveda Brilliant Damage Control--This is another great product for protecting hair from heat. I prefer this before I blow dry. I've had this bottle forever (because I usually air dry), and it looks like the packaging has changed. I hope the product hasn't. I'll find out soon enough because I only have a few drops left so I'll need to replenish.

Redken Fresh Curls Anti-Frizz Shiner--This one is weird which is probably why it's been discontinued. It pumps out as a cream and you warm it up by rubbing between your palms until it turns into a clear liquid serum. I haven't tried it without warming it up. I should because the preparation is too awkward.

Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost Spray--This is another product I like to use on my non-hairwashing days. I used to use it to style freshly washed hair. I shall try again soon.

• Regis DesignLine Shine Solution Smooth Glosser--(discussed in yesterday's post)

• Back to Basics Bodifying Créme Mousse--I like this mousse well enough. It has a sunflower smell which I don't care for when I apply this. I've used other products in this line with different scents that I prefer. I hear this line might be getting discontinued, but I'm not sure if it's the whole line or some products.

Tomorrow: Found a Cute Real Fur Accessory

Comments

Popular Posts