30 for 30 Day 9: Cowl Cowl
I wasn't sure about this outfit--the color or the double cowl. (Cowel means "hug or embrace" in my mom's dialect)
|Wave "Hi!" with more of an action shot (see blurry hand)|
|Just chillin' while my computer is thinking|
|Wave again. Why so much waving? Because |
my hubby calls this ring "The Wave"
|Okay, he meant like a water wave, but one |
of my family names means "Water," so that counts, right?
|Jen-in-a-Cube. Augie picked these earrings. |
He thought they were bracelets. I almost
overrode the decision because they're not
quite the same blue. Who am I to question
the 6-year-old who is teaching me not the
be so matchy-matchy?
Linking up with A Taste of T for "What's on Your Mind Wednesday"
- Having a big family is awesome!
- Seeing a generation die away sucks
- I literally saw my maternal grandma take her last breaths almost three years ago
- Last Friday my brother sent me a text saying that our late grandpa's younger brother passed away. I called my mom to tell her that she hadn't called me (to let me know). How insensitive was I? Her uncle just died. She told me that it was like her mind was blank. She had forgotten to tell some of her siblings.
- Grandpa D (for nickname, real name started with "F") lived in the Philippines so we won't be attending the funeral. I didn't know him well, but I still got teary-eyed. I got to meet him each time we visited the PI.
- My mom, brother, and aunt got to see him when they visited the PI in October
- His identical twin brother lives in Northern Cal and I've been saying for years that we should take a road trip down to visit. Perhaps I should put my thoughts/works into action
- My mom and dad got to see the twins two Decembers ago when she visited the PI
- My mom has one aunt and one uncle left on grandpa's side, two aunts and one uncle on grandma's side. The oldest is 92. There is longevity in my family.
- I have hope (in many ways)
- I debated typing all of that. I don't want a pity party. It's just been on my mind. Lots of talk about twins lately by people who didn't know about this.