Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Jen-in-a-cube. I assembled these earrings and this necklace a while back from some shells I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics. Yes, they are heavy.
What else is on my mind?
• I like blog challenges
• I don't like taking daily pictures of myself
• If I had a camera with a timer and a tripod, I might be better about it
• I'm a comedienne, I wouldn't take the time to set up everything in between dropping off my boys at school and rushing to catch the bus for work
• My school drop off-to-bus time range is about :08
• I wish I could work from home
• I don't like homework
Linking up with A Taste of T and Jewelscapes.
Monday, March 28, 2011
My Want (But Don't Need) List
• Share a picture of my son Desi dressed as a mime for our congregation's talent show over the weekend--My hubby and I decided when I first started this blog that I would not feature pictures of our boys. I do, however, share their names. Some bloggers do the opposite and share pictures, but use pseudonyms or just an initial. Some share pictures and names. To each his/her own. I have pictures that I've blurred, so I may post them sometime during the week.
• Yellow shoes--I kind of did a flats overload in the fall, so I think I'd like a pair of yellow heels or wedges. Hanna with Banhannas wore a pair for Petite Fashion Challenge #6.
• O•P•I Black Shatter nail polish--I first saw Katie from Fashion's Maven wear this, then saw Sandra from Sealverland with it. I don't usually wear nail polish on my fingernails, but I'd be willing to give it a whirl. Or, I can wear it on my little piggies.
• A free life-time supply of lattés or other foofy coffee drinks I desire from any and all coffee shops I visit--'Nough said.
Tis I for now.
Friday, March 25, 2011
The Shag bag
Thursday, March 24, 2011
|Jacket open (I'm suddenly thinking of The Karate Kid). |
What on the ground is so interesting?
|Better (but not great) view of the pin-stripes |
on my skirt and the pattern on the jacket.
|Ring: "Fruit seeds" TinyGoatStudios cutting room floor.|
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Petite Fashion Challenge #6 is hosted by the lovely Jess of Stylepint. The challenge: Dress up your basics. In short (no pun intended), wear a tee and a pair of jeans and dress it all up. My abbreviated description is partly due to laziness and partly a ruse to have you press the pretty PFC button. (But make sure you come back here!)
|I thought I'd spare you the pics with the |
jacket unbuttoned. They were gut-a-rific!
|I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't have flavored lipstuff.|
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
|Jen-in-a-cube. Chevron stripes.|
See this post for a full view of the top
|These striped net socks were a total fluke. |
I grabbed the first matching pair I could find.
|Can't really see the stripes in the previous two pics. |
This is my "Waiting for the bus" shot.
|Top ring: Citrine, Jewelscapes|
Botton ring: "Snot Bubble" (I named), TinyGoatStudios
(I will only wear non-sale TGS rings going forward)
Monday, March 21, 2011
So, my Monday feature will be "Monday Match Up" instead of "My Want (But Don't Need) List Monday Match Up." I already have a Linky Party with a long name. Well, some weeks will feature my want list but others will feature something else. This week is the want list. I hope this all makes sense!
My Want (But Don't Need) List
• Another open-front cardi/shrug--I used to run hot mostly but now it seems that I go back-and-forth. Cardis are a great layering piece for this reason. I'd like one with dolman sleeves because the large armholes make for great ventilation.
I wore this open-front cardigan because I'm wearing a skirt as a top and it helped cover awkward spots (I'm also wearing a top as a skirt in this pic from my fall 30 for 30)
• Solid bright tights--I have lots of funky tights but not much in the way of bright solid opaque tights. I'd like a pair or two for those days when I just want to throw on a black dress and add the shock of color.
• Printed opaque tights--I've seen a few bloggers with opaque tights with prints. I want to say I've seen one with a Monet design.
I'm wearing nets over burgundy tights, but I want brighter!
• TOMS wedge espadrilles--The premise behind TOMS is wonderful: We buy a pair, TOMS gives a pair to a child in need. That being said, the flats are not for me but they look cute on others. I DO like the espadrilles and would like a pair for spring/summer.
You can still join the "It's a Small World" Linky.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
We Are Not Kidding You!
My 6- and 8-year-old sons played this as soon as it arrived. They found it crazy and funny. It was a good game for their ages that they could play without adults. A good substitute for TV!
Addendum: I totally didn't know my review was going to post like this. Whatever, I'll leave it. This was my review of a board game called "You Gotta Be Kidding."
See previous post for the Linky party.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
The wardrobe was supposed to be a dress or skirt, but I'm flexible. Link up a recent post or a past one fitting the pose with or without skirt/dress. I usually schedule my FBFM posts for just after midnight, but I'm still awake. I keep watching the news. I think it's time for beddy-by. I'll be back in the morning to post my outfit.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Jen-in-a-Cube. Jewelscapes Mother-of-Pearl necklace
Today I'm linking up with Jewelscapes for "What I Wore Wednesday" and A Taste of T for "What's on Your Mind? Wednesday" (although this is her Virtual Baby Shower Week, so everyone's mind is on that and I forgot).
• I don't have a head-to-toe outfit shot because photography is too expensive
• Okay, I don't pay my photographers, but time is money
• I don't have much time
• The rest of my outfit is not that interesting
• Unless gray slacks and square-toed booties interest you
• You interested in buying me exciting slacks and booties?
• If beggars can be choosers, can you buy me mid-calf boots instead?
• If beggars can be choosers, can choosers be beggars?
• If A = B, does B always = A?
• If Desi = My son, does my son always = Desi?
• You're welcome for the math lesson!
Ooh, my mind just remembered this:
• Come join me for the Fashion Blog Flash Mob on Saturday
• Wear a dress or skirt or dress as a skirt, and pose for Saturday Shout Out
• I promise to minimize the math on that day
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
While I had more than 21 comments on the post for this giveaway, I only counted the eligible ones: ones that did the mandatory entry, then the bonus ones that were mentioned in a separate comment letting me know what they did to earn the bonus entry. That left 21 entries. I used this tool from random.org which chose #10, then I counted through the eligible entries again and #10 is . . . Emily from Bright Tights, Big City! She will receive the blue "Path of the Comet" ring and a ring of her choice.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Jen-in-a-Cube. Is this considered a Peter Pan Collar?
I've been seeing posts about Peter Pan collars lately and discovered that 1) I didn't know this collar shape is called that and 2) I want a Peter Pan collar blouse or dress.
I've had a mental list of items with specific features that I would like, all due to perusing fashion blog after fashion blog. Now I will put that list to paper so-to-speak and share with you.
My Want List
1) Blouse or dress with Peter Pan collar (repetition for emphasis)--A Wednesday Addams-ish dress would be so me. But, a pretty pastel version like Brittany's would be nice for spring.
2) I didn't used to think I liked faux fur or animal print, but the latter has grown on me. Leopard seems to be the "in" print. I'm not sure if I want lots of leopard or just a touch. I like Melissa's dress (when going to get her link, I discovered that she featured leopard booties on Thursday), this coat Amber Lena is selling on Smashion, and Lizzy's top and belt.
3) A print of animals. This is different because it's a print of a whole animal (usually cartoon-like) in some sort of pattern like Kimmie's giraffes. I think this is too cute! I wonder if I can find a geoduck pattern to represent the PNW?
I know many others have rocked these different looks I've mentioned. I have an idea! Here's a Linky if you want to link up any of your posts featuring a look I've listed on "My Want List."
I think I may have a new Monday feature! Yeah, it's Sunday but I don't feel like scheduling this post for Monday for alliteration's sake: My Want List Monday Match-up. Next Monday! Plus, I'll keep up this post through Monday. Bam! How you like me now? Does it sound like a good Linky idea? Would you participate?
I'll determine and announce the winner of my TinyGoatStudios giveaway on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay!
Friday, March 11, 2011
I had a post planned for Thursday but I didn't get around to posting. How was my Thursday?
• The day started out with a nose bleed (I may or may not have a little boy who digs for gold. I'm not saying that's what started it but I'm not doubting it either)
• Boys tardy to school
• Had to drive to work and park in scary parking garage across the street (at least 10-hour early bird parking is only $7.50)
• In the evening, hubby stuck in traffic for three hours (usually takes :45 in rush hour traffic)
• Had to call around to have someone on our approved list pick up our boys from afterschool care so we wouldn't have to pay $1/minute/boy for every minute late
• Hour later going to turn left onto friends' street to pick up boys (I sense a shout out for tomorrow) because hubby still stuck in same half-mile (if that) stretch, see cop car with lights flashing in rearview so pull over to right. He's not pulling me over, he drives by
How was your Thursday? Fix anything this week? Link up!
Don't forget to enter my drawing! Entries accepted until 11:59PM PST tonight! Visit this post for details and to enter.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
|Jen-in-a-Cube. Do I look pensive?|
- I am a contributing writer for Seattle Mamas! I found this out hours after I decided to slow down on my daily blog posts, so the timing could not have been better for everything to fall into place. Click the icon for my first post. It's not genuis or amazing, but you might learn something new. Or not.
- I am not the multi-tasker I was before
- I still like cheese
- This binder clip makes a better ring model than my pudgy, wrinkled fingers
|"Tornado" Tiny Goat Studios|
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Drizzle=Bad hair day
I used to wear this skirt maybe twice or thrice per year because I didn't know what to wear with it. Blame it on my matchy-matchiness. I would only want to wear it with an off-white or orange top--the exact matching shade of orange. Since I don't have such a top, this gorgeous gifted Anthro skirt has spent most of it's lifetime in my closet. Poor thing. I should wear it everyday. Maybe not. This isn't the 3 or 4 for 365 challenge.
I'm linking to the Color Brigade with Kileen at Cute & Little and Deanna with Jewelscapes today. Come check out the linker-uppers!
Don't forget to enter my TinyGoatStudios giveaway!
Saturday, March 5, 2011
• A shout out to Melissa Nucera who is a graphic artist with two Etsy shops: This Year's Girl which features "Whimsical & Vintage Inspired Handmade Jewelry", and Visual Sentiments which features "Original Art and Accessories". She sponsored a contest for a $25 certificate to each shop! Her prices are reasonable for such lovely decorative art and wearable art. I chose "The Queen" as my print. I will share what I chose from Visual Sentiments when I wear them, and of course link back to her shop because you will be tempted :D
• A shout out to Take It From Me which reviewed some of her pieces and did a beautiful write up. They hosted her giveaway and I was quick to enter. This is one I really, really wanted to win. Of course I want to win all contests I enter, but this is one I kept going back to check because I just really, really like Melissa's jewelry and artwork.
• A shout out to random.org for randomly choosing my entry and for being a free service because I plan to use them for my giveaway (great segue, huh?).
"Path of the Comet"
Enter my first blog giveaway sponsored by TinyGoatStudios! Win a statement ring similar to the one above, and one of your choice! See Thursday's post for details and to enter.
One note: More items will be added to the shop. If you find one you like better than what you mentioned in your mandatory entry, no need to delete your comment and update in a new one. If you win, just let me know your final decision then.
Have a wonderful weekend! Wander a little.
Link your shout out!
Friday, March 4, 2011
• I finally got my button up earlier this week! I'm using one of the commissioned sketches from WobiSobi. It turns out that the dimensions were funky so I had to fix again. It's a functioning button now! Really, you should grab it, put it on your blog, and test it :D
• I keep forgetting to tag my outfit posts. Oh well, I wore the same things for 30 days so you probably figured out everything :D
• Yesterday I introduced my first blog giveaway and I tried to make sure I included everything. One thing I fixed this morning is adding that this contest is open to all readers. So, check out yesterday's post and enter! (All entries must be made in the original contest post for the sake of centralizing all entries)
• My MAJOR fix this week? I've decided to slow down my posts. I had set a goal for myself to do daily posts for my first year of blogging. Over the months, I've hemmed and hawed about slowing down but each time I convinced myself that I could keep it up. I know I can, but at the expense of interesting content. I'm not saying that I offer fantastically brilliant posts, but I want to write more. I don't want to post something quickly just for the sake of having a post for the day. If I still don't have a post at 11:30pm after a long day of this and that, I don't want to stress about writing something quickly. I don't want to look up one day and discover my children have left for college and I was busy blogging away! More power to you moms who work full-time and post daily. I tried and did it for about six months, but I'm no Superwoman. (I'd rather be Wonder Woman anyway)
(I will have a post tomorrow since I have a Saturday feature)
Don't forget to enter my TinyGoatStudios giveaway!
What did you fix this week? Link up!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Even if your challenge is still in progress, you are unable to complete it, or you didn't join this time, come dance with me! I won't kid you, I will dance solo on the dancefloor even after the music stops playing, but it's still fun to have company. I mean, how can I go in the middle of the circle to bust it if there's no circle?
Just to clarify, the happy dance isn't because I'm glad that I'm finally done with the 30 for 30 challenge. It's not a "good riddens" celebratory dance. It's a "Yay, I accomplished the challenge!" dance. A celebration of achievement if you will.
While I'm still practicing my routine, why not enter my first blog giveaway sponsored by TinyGoatStudios (aka my hubsters)?
|"Path of the Comet"|
Enter to win a statement ring similar to this, custom-made for you in your size! You'll win a second ring as well, but that one is TBD. Yes, you choose it!
• Mandatory entry: Visit TinyGoatStudios on Etsy and leave a comment below letting me know which ring you would want as your second ring. If I cannot reach you via your blog, please leave your e-mail address.
• Bonus entry: Link up your happy dance pic and let me know you did so in a comment below.
• Bonus entry/entries: Mention this giveaway in a post. For each post in which you do this, leave a comment below with a link to that post.
That's all! That's about as complicated as I want to make it. Open to all readers. All entries must be in comments on this post. This contest will close at midnight PST Saturday, March 12 (So last entry possible would be at 11:59 PST Friday, March 11). I will choose a winner via random.org.
Now, back to the show!
UPDATED 2:30PM PST--My department took advantage of free first Thursdays at the Seattle Art Museum aka SAM.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
|I always look constipated|
|My co-worker told me to look like I'm having fun. |
So much fun that everything's a blur? No, that's
just the fruit phone picture (lack of) quality.
|Jen-in-a-Cube. My skin is so splotchy. Perhaps I |
should wear foundation every now-and-then.
Earrings: LittleCharm - Necklace: Jewelscapes
|"Creepy Crawly" Tiny Goat Studios|
I have completed this challenge. I can now kick up
my heels. (And, kick them off. They are killing me!)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
I thought I'd wear my green top with the bow playing peekaboo again. Last time I did it with a cardi.