30/30*Day 20=Outfit 20

Today I'm wearing a top as a skirt and a skirt as a top.

Earlier on in my challenge I had seen so many remixers wear skirts as tops, so I tried it. It didn't quite work because I couldn't zip up my skirt all the way and I wasn't sure how I'd keep it up. I gave up on the idea. I thought I'd try wearing a top as a skirt instead. I tried this with my brown top but it was too clingy. So I gave up on that thought for a few days, then tried it with my gray ruffle top (shown in pic 2 of my blog title). Success! Kind of. I had to wear a wide black scarf as a transition piece and I was adjusting all day. I tried it again with my green top (shown in pic 4 of my blog title). Success and no hassle!







Another pic as I'm approaching my photographer Desi







 



















So, today I thought I'd try the skirt-as-top thing again. I can zip up this skirt all the way, but not if I want to breathe, and only if I want to break the zipper. Brilliant idea: I can belt it like Jodi from day2daywear. She did an awesome job of this here. What to wear as bottoms? I almost wore my MbMJ jeans, but I decided to try the brown top-as-skirt again. The skirt-as-top was long enough to cover the top-as-skirt clinging to my pooch. An outfit was created!


There will be a top-as-skirt/skirt-as-top quiz tomorrow. And, a tongue twister contest. Not really.

I actually liked this pic (I usually take like a million 
before I find one that I like enough). Who put this
earphone cord there? Oh, I did. I ended up pulling
up my top all the way. I've stretched it so much.



My San Digeo Zoo tumbler makes it look like
I have a big green headphone on. Or is it just
me who sees that?

I kept changing my hairstyle today. Here's the side ponytail with some hanging on the other side.

Earrings AND a necklace. I'm learning
how to accessorize with jewelry!
Things are finally under control--I think

Lips: Mary Kay Liquid Lip Color in Cherry Coffee
Earrings: Macy's
Necklace: Nordstrom
Ring: Dazzle Finger
Skirt-as-top: TJ Maxx
Belt: Nordstrom
Cardi: Nordstrom
Top-as-skirt: Nordstrom Rack
Floral tights: Nordstrom
Boots: Nordstrom Rack

Tomorrow: Time for Happy Hour

Comments

  1. Cute outfit! I really love your hair in the side ponytail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea of wearing a skirt as a top. it's definitely something that is on my list of things to try! and i love all your lovely accessories!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love double duty items! You look adorable! And those tights are so cute ;)

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like your color palette in this! I find it easier to wear a top as a skirt than a skirt as a top... I dunno why that is. Your hair is really pretty and voluminous :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your (hopefully) kind words! I truly appreciate it (unless you were mean). I will do my bestest to visit your blog and return the favor.

Popular Posts